Object of Rotary
The Object of Rotary is to encourage and foster the ideal of service as a basis of worthy enterprise and in particular, to encourage and foster:
1. The development of aquaintance as an opportunity for service;
2. High ethical standards in business and professions; the recognition of the worthiness of all useful occupations; and the dignifying of each Rotarian's occupation as an opportunity to serve society;
3. The application of the ideal service in each Rotarian's personal, business and community life;
4. The advancement of international understanding, goodwill, and peace through a world of fellowship of business and professional persons united in the ideal of service.
The Rotarian's 4-Way Test of the things we think, say or do
1. Is it the truth?
2. Is it fair to all concerned?
3. Will it build GOODWILL and better FRIENDSHIPS?
4. Will it be beneficial to all concerned?