Workplace Health Promotion Services & Resources
Workplace Health Promotion Services and Programs
The Wellness Institute of Greater Buffalo is a non-profit, “Healthy Communities” advocacy agency, which has WNY’s longest running experience in advocating for, creating, and managing successful workplace health promotion initiatives in Upstate NY.
Philip L. Haberstro, Executive Director, has been professionally involved in the employee wellness field since 1980. He has worked with the public, private and not-for-profit sectors in facilitating workplace health promotion initiatives locally and nationally. Phil was recently (November, 2019) Re-Certified as a Trainer for the CDC Work@health program and is the only person in WNY to achieve this national CDC certification. Phil is also a member of the National Board of Directors of www.healthPromotionAdvocates.org
- Counseling services for any size employer local, national, or global!
- Strategic planning
- Provide training to manage programs
- Employee Health Promotion Program Management
- Design & development
- Planning/Implementing programs & trainings
- State-of-the-Art Health Risk Appraisals & Biometric Screenings (confidential)
Flexibility, adaptiveness, and a track record of success!
Haberstro states, “Our experiences have included ongoing National, State and local advocacy for workplace health promotion and the actual REAL WORLD experience of on site management of employee health promotion programs in the region, including 16 years managing the results focused City of Buffalo Employee Wellness Program.”
- “B-WELL” program earned National recognition from the Association for Worksite Health Promotion.
- Recipient of multiple grants from the New York State Department of Health to facilitate the launch of employee health promotion initiatives throughout WNY.
- Eat Well Live Well Challenge, a nationally recognized employee health promotion program developed by Wegmans for employers in Western New York (8 years of success)
- Recent consulting services and programs for the Employer Wellness Council of the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus, the Buffalo Public School System, the Health Sciences Charter School, the Catholic Health System of Western NY and Praxair, Inc.
For information on the consulting, management and support services from the Wellness Institute please contact us at Call 716-851-4052 or e-mail us your request. The Institute website is also a resource for local programs and national health promotion policy updates.
Workplace Health Promotion – Supporting Organizations
The following list of links spotlights important organizations involved with workplace health promotion. If you have any suggestions for additional links, please email us and we will add them to this list. Thanks!
Don't Miss a Beat!
Be a part of community health initiatives.
This website, all text and images, Copyright© 2019 Wellness Institute of Greater Buffalo
No use permitted without permission
Wellness Institute of Greater Buffalo
Phil Haberstro, Executive Director
65 Niagara Square, Room 607
Buffalo, NY 14202